- I write on my laptop at home at my desk, which takes up very little physical space. I do like to be sitting at a desk when I write.
- I need to be alone to write, and wouldn’t go to a cafe to do it.
- I usually go to a cafe to meet friends, but maybe I would be more of an artist if I went alone and took a book!
- I used to write in my bedroom – that’s where the computer lived. But since I was spending a lot of time blogging, that didn’t seem right, so I have migrated to my living room with a lap-top. Here I don’t have to move far to make a cup of tea and a snack. I can see the TV if I want to watch something I find online.
- There are few distractions here so it is a good place to write. So far housework has not succeeded in distracting me from Writing 101. But it is always there if I get stuck.
- How lucky am I to have this space? Will I find out if I have it because I am meant to write something? Or will it be a case of “Carry on Blogging”?
- Who knows – in the summer I might move onto my balcony for a more airy and open state of mind.
- The space all writers really need is head-space, which is another thing that has arrived unexpectedly in my life. The delinquent tenants have been evicted. No more commuting, multi-tasking or meeting of “expectations”. Time to think.
- As yet I don’t have a writing habit. I have a blogging habit.
And now for the poll: