One Lovely Blog award
Thank you to Amanpan from Brew ‘n Spew for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog award. I am honored! It is a great opportunity for me to share with you the many friends I have made online over the past year and to highlight the number of interesting, intelligent and inspiring Seniors who have their own blogs, Amanpan being one of this distinguished group.
It is wonderful to be able to help dispel the myth that “old people don’t do technology”, and to combat ageism in general. Here are the award rules:
To accept this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Add 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and…
5. Leave a comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
7 Facts about me :
- I bought my first home at the age of 58. It’s never too late!
- My favorite color is turquoise
- My favorite song is Tina Turner “River Deep, Mountain High”
- I gave up smoking over two years ago, having been an incorrigible
chain smoker all my life
- I love the beach and the ocean
- I am a Trivia Queen . . .
- I love my plants.
I am selecting fifteen senior bloggers as my nominees:
The nominees are under no obligation to accept this award
1. Ronni – Time Goes By
Ronni is a long-time blogger, former NY resident and an expert on aging.
2. Bernadette – Haddon Musings
Join our great group of Senior Friends at Bernadette’s Senior Salon, every Wednesday.
3. Bruce Cooper – The Daily Blog
What is assisted living really like?
4. Paul – Memory Issues
Paul gives us his positive take on caring for a wife suffering from dementia.
5. Penny – The Frugal Fashion Shopper
Penny lives in the UK and is very skilled at picking out the most stylish bargains from the Charity shops.
6. Caree Risover – A Retirement Blog
Caree is my first online blogger friend, level pegging with me in the retirement and blogging stakes at about 1 year in. Caree lives in the North UK
7. Pradip Chowdhury – An Indian Photo Blog
Pradip is a retired widower who lives in Kolkata and has taken some awesome photos – do take a look. He is also a photoshop expert and was my first guest poster on my Seniors Blog Maddy at Home
8. Royce Shook – Boomersnotsenior
Royce has won Canadian awards for his blogs and knows a thing or two about retirement and finances.
9. Latane Barton – Living life on Main Street
Latane was born in the 1930s. She was married for sixty years and has a large family. Her husband was in the Navy. She is very active and has even written a book!
10. Sue & Vic – Retirement with No Problem
One of my favorite blogs – don’t miss it if you like messing about in boats, in this instance a barge. Sue and Vic are very good at keeping this blog right up to date so you can follow them day by day.
11. Catherine – Atypical 60
Catherine will always make you laugh, except when she makes you cry!
12. Bill & Debbie Lees – The TumbeLees
Join these full-time RVers on their travels
13. Leslie Alpen – Leslie’s Lounge Room
A fellow Australian, Leslie lives in Griffith NSW and is a retired school librarian. Blogging about the mosaics she makes and more….
14. Colleen Chesebro – Silver Threading
An author supporting other authors – submit your book for her review! Lately, she has posted some great healthy recipes for your Nutribullet.
15. Peter – The Summerhouse Years
Peter has been blogging much longer than most of us and his posts are always an entertaining read. His wife is a really good landscape artist with a distinctive style.