Thank you so much to my fellow Blogger Cathe at Atypical60 for having the insight to know just how much I would love the opportunity to banish a few people from all of our lives! She has nominated me for the Room 101 Bloggers award and given me the responsibility to pick five more bloggers who are also gonna love it!
Here are my nominations for the award:
Here are my five banishees . . .
- The first person I would banish is that idiot who hangs around at the side of the pedestrian crossing, fiddling with his mobile phone and daring you to guess whether he is going to step out and cross the road, until you stop, of course, when he saunters off down the sidewalk. Call me sexist but this is usually a male.
- Then there’s that person overtaking you and you just know (is it instinct or the sound of their engine?) that they’re going to cut in, in front of you, without indicating, causing you to brake suddenly. Predictably they wander across into the fast lane. Hang back to avoid the prang they are bound to cause and watch them go! Banished!
- And I’m still on the road. How about that person who just stops? No indicator, no evidence that they are waiting for a parking space, no particular reason until, oh yes, the friend inside is collecting their bags together before being dropped off. Well, don’t mind me and the rest of the road users who actually would like to proceed, without you impeding them. Banished!
- The plastic bottle is another thing I would banish. The plastic bottle is polluting the oceans and yes I know they are recyclable so why the hell doesn’t anybody recycle them? How do they get in the river? I could understand the need for bottled water in places where the water supply is not good. Heaven knows there are plenty of locations on this planet that have no clean water. But these bottles are taking up whole aisles in our city supermarkets, where nobody is deprived of clean water. Banished!
- Government websites. OK I love the idea of one secure password for everything, it’s brilliant! Tax, pensions, medical info . . . . So I expect to be able to sign in there ONCE and access my linked accounts. But “Oh No, whatever made you think that one password meant one password? When we say there will be one password, you still need a password for your linked accounts.” Excuse me, that’s two passwords and possibly even several passwords, not just one, so stop telling me it’s just one flipping password! The person who does this stuff is incognito and probably being paid a fortune to sit in some obscure basement and dream up ways of frustrating the general public. Banished! – If we can find him that is . . .
I love my Room 101 badge and will wear it with pride!
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Award 5 bloggers who fascinate, intrigue or tickle your curiosity with the Room 101 (award) badge logo on their About pages and linking to them in your post.
- Tell us the 5 things you would banish to Room 101!
- Attach these rules to your post.
- Grab your badge above and enjoy adding it to your trophy case, but please be respectful of the creator of the award by never altering the logo and never changing the rules.